Buying alcohol in Pennsylvania can be confusing. Here are a few things you should know:
- Beer Distributors sell beer & malt beverages by the case and any other size. HB 1196 became law on January 17, 2017, which eliiminated the package restrictions for distributors.
- "Malt Beverages "inlcude beer and alternative malt beverages such as: Mikes, Twisted Tea, Smirnoff Ice, & Seagram's.
- There is no limit to the number of cases you can buy at one time.
- Bars, Restaurants, and 6-pack shops sell beer by the 6 or 12 pack. By law, you can only carry out a 12-pack at a time.
- Wine and Liquor can only be purchased from a Pennsylvania state run liquor store called "Wines & Spirits". Daily hours vary by store, check location and hours of your store here